Your Partner for Success
Advantage Kentucky Alliance (AKA) works with you to improve productivity, quality, and profitability that is necessary to develop growth for future sustainability.
Regardless of your need, AKA and the Alliance has the solution: creating efficient process improvements, employee training, and identifying then implementing growth opportunities.
What is the missing puzzle piece that is stopping you from reaching your goals? AKA helps you identify the missing piece by working with you to implement change and allowing you to reach your full growth potential.
Notice of Funding Opportunity
Nist intends to issue a new annual competitive Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO)
starting in Fiscal Year 2017 based on availability of federal funds.
The intent of the NOFO is to add capabilities to the MEP system thereby increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of MEP national network which will help solve new and emerging manufacturing problems and capture new opportunities.
Nist MEP is asking stakeholders to submit comments through a Request for Information
(RFI). For additional information, please read the RFI here - RFI Document. These comments will inform NIST MEP of the content and themes to be addressed in this
new competitive funding vehicle.
Examples of questions from the RFI below are intended to inform NIST MEP's planning for a portfolio of projects. These questions should not be construed as a limitation on the number of comments that interested parties may submit, or as a limitation on the issues that may be addressed in such comments. The fifth question provides an opportunity to comment on issues not specifically covered by the first four questions.
Response to this RFI is voluntary and submissions should clearly indicate which RFI questions are being addressed by each comment. Comments will be accepted by e-mail only and must be sent to email@example.com with the subject line "MEP Competitive Awards Program RFI". NIST is specifically interested in receiving input on one or more of the following questions:
1. What are the key problems and issues facing small U.S. manufacturers and their competitiveness and opportunities for growth in the near-term (1-2 years}, mid-term (3-5 years) and/or long-term (>5 years)?
2. What advanced manufacturing technologies are/will be needed by small U.S. manufacturers for the companies to be competitive and grow in the global marketplace in the near-term (1-2 years), mid-term (3-5 years) and/or long-term (>5 years)?
a. What would be the appropriate Manufacturing Readiness Leveli or Technology Readiness Level ii for those technologies in order for small U.S. manufacturers to consider adoption?
b. What information will be required for small U.S. manufacturers to understand a technology or related group of technologies and the risks and opportunities associated with making or not making an investment in any given technology?
c. How is the information about advanced manufacturing technologies best delivered to small U.S. manufacturers and/or MEP Centers that support those small U.S. manufacturers?
3. What technologies and/or business models are important to small U.S. manufacturers as they choose and participate in any particular supply chain?
4. What complementary business services, including information services, are and/or will be needed by small U.S. manufacturers and/or MEP Centers to take full advantage of advanced manufacturing technologies at the company or supply chain level?
5. Are there any other critical issues that NIST MEP should consider in its strategic planning for future investments that are not covered by the first four questions?
NIST will make questions received part of the Frequently Asked Questions document that will be available on the NIST MEP website, www.nist.gov/mep/.
New Federal Mandate
No Feed Found
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,