Location: Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza, Chicago, Illinois
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-882-7482
Standard Registration: $360
T/TAS@Your Service Subscribers: $320 - some restrictions apply
1.1 CEUs (11 contact hours) from Western Kentucky University: $25
So early in the year and already feeling burnt out? As managers, supervisors, center directors, or leaders in any organization, we know that a fire still burns brightly with passion and determination. The job of management is a tough one that demands serious attention to difficult topics like program vision, teamwork, dealing with difficult people, delegation, and creating a positive and joyful work environment. While we are inundated with shrinking budgets, meeting new regulations, and addressing growing demands, our management skills are often stretched to the limit. If you are feeling alone and tired with these difficult issues, join us for this upcoming event and learn how to be strategic in your attitude, approach, and daily practice!
The Management Spa: A Serious Workout on Program Topics offers participants the opportunity to reflect on the people issues that influence the quality of services provided by their programs. The Management Spa is designed for anyone interested in taking an inventory of their own skills in supporting the program vision, working collaboratively, delegating, and contributing to a positive work environment. Once personal strengths and areas of need are identified, there will be opportunities to build a tool box of information, resources, and strategies. Using current research and literature, case studies, and examples from the worlds of business and corporate life, the event will provide a range of practical ideas to enhance the work environment.
The Management Spa will initially focus on affirming program vision, encouraging positive teamwork, and dealing with difficult people. Teamwork skills and roles will be explored. Characteristics of difficult prototypes and solutions to handling “interesting” people will be addressed. An exploration of the advantages of humor and fun in the workplace will close the event. An exchange of opinions will be facilitated to help participants learn about cultural, age, gender, geographic, and other differences in humor appreciation and joy in the work place. The institute will provide participants with lively exchanges of real life work situations.
Management Spa participants can expect the following scenarios:
- Team work requires a wide range of skills and each person plays a role. Are you a “Leader” or maybe an “Observer”? Come join us to find out your role in the team.
- Cantankerous people can make life in the work place a miserable experience. Are you dealing with a “Staller” or maybe a “Bulldozer?” Want to know how to handle them? Come join us for ideas.
- Delegation allows managers to spend more time on the most important tasks and can build staff skills and pride, yet many managers do not delegate. Do you know why? Come join us and learn.
- Preschoolers laugh four hundred times a day! Do you know how many times someone over 35 is likely to laugh? Come join us, but be ready to laugh!
- Participants will better understand how professional experiences and skills in teamwork, collaboration, delegation, and humor can contribute to program quality;
- Participants will create situations that enhance teambuilding opportunities to increase collaboration;
- Participants will examine intervention techniques for dealing with difficult people on their teams;
- Participants will explore the benefits, challenges, and strategies for delegation and cooperative work; and
- Participants will have insights in creating joyful workplaces through the use of humor, celebration, and recognition.
For event announcements via email, please join the T/TAS news and updates by email service at http://orgs.wku.edu/ttas/email-announcements.php.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,