Location: An Online Training
Contact: email@example.com, 800-882-7482
This is an online training available 24/7 between October 1 and December 15, 2017. Registration cut-off date is November 27, 2017!
View Brochure for complete information.
Please read our "online training guidelines and technical requirementsprior to registering.
- By 11/15/17 - Early Bird Registration: $500
- By 11/15/17 - T/TAS@Your Service Subscribers Early Bird Registration: $450 - some restrictions apply
- After 11/15/17 - Standard Registration: $700
- After 11/15/17 - T/TAS@Your Service Subscribers Standard Registration: $600 - some restrictions apply
Do you have staff with an expired CDA?
Do you want them to get it renewed quickly and easily?
Let T/TAS help you! The Council for Professional Recognition has a CDA Renewal Amnesty program in place for individuals who had earned a CDA credential AFTER January 1, 2007 and the credential is now expired. You now have the opportunity to renew your credential WITHOUT going through the full CDA process. The Amnesty program is only available until December 29, 2017. See the Council website for more information at https://www.cdacouncil.org/renewal-amnesty-program.
Here’s How T/TAS Can Help You! T/TAS is providing online training that meets the requirements for the 45 clock hours, and will also include Continuing Education Units (CEU) for your CDA Renewal. The T/TAS CDA Renewal Training will actually provide individuals with a total of 48 clock hours and 4.8 CEUs. Training modules are appropriate for anyone renewing, whether they have an Infant/Toddler Setting, Preschool Setting, Family Child Care setting or a Home-Visitor setting CDA! Training certificates for clock hours and CEU credit will be sent for documentation upon successful completion of the two training modules.
In addition, we can provide assistance via phone, email, or other technology to individuals on the five required steps of the process.
This training is online and all instructions and materials will be available via your online access. Training techniques will include the review of meaningful resources including articles, videos, audio clips, web sites, and PowerPoint presentations. Practical training assignments will allow each participant to practice skills.
Learning Outcomes by Topic
Module: Professional Learning – 24 hours
- Unit 1: Workplace Professionalism. Objective: Explore various definitions of professionalism, identify “soft skills” that contribute to professionalism, and examine the importance of professionalism in the early childhood field.
- Unit 2: Professional Ethics. Objective: Participants will be able to define professional and what it means to be an early childhood professional.
- Unit 3: Professional Associations. Objective: Explore relevant professional associations that support early childhood educators in increasing career related knowledge, skills, and engagement.
- Unit 4: Professional Development Plan. Objective: Participants will understand the differences between a performance evaluation and a professional development plan.
Module: Introduction to Assessment of Young Children and Their Environment – 24 hours
- Unit 1: Purpose of Child Observation and Assessment. Objective: Examine the purposes of child observation and assessment identified by the early childhood field.
- Unit 2: Child Assessment Related Terms, Definitions, and Resources. Objective: Investigate assessment related terms.
- Unit 4: Assessment Results for Planning and Teaching. Objective: Examine approaches for utilizing observation and assessment results in planning activities for young children.
- Unit 5: Collaboration with Families and Professionals. Objective: Identify the benefits and approaches for collaboration with families.
- Unit 6: Assessment of Learning Environment. Objective: Identify the concerns and benefits for evaluating the learning environment.
For event announcements via email, please join the T/TAS news and updates by email service at http://orgs.wku.edu/ttas/email-announcements.php.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,