Guidelines and Technical Requirements for T/TAS Online Training via Adobe Connect
- You must have a valid and active individual e-mail address to participate. Groups of individuals cannot participate using a single e-mail address.
- IMPORTANT: You are required to have Adobe Flash Player installed on your computer and enabled in your internet browser in order for the online training content to both play and display correctly, to have access to handouts attached to presentations, and to allow us to verify that you accessed the training. Adobe Flash allows us to verify your completion of online training. Without Adobe Flash installed on your computer and enabled in your internet browser, we may not be able to send you certificates that confirm you received the training, including CEUs.
- If you are unsure if Adobe Flash is installed and enabled on your browser, take the following steps:
To test your browser for Flash, go to https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html. Scroll down to step "5. Verify whether Flash Player is installed” and look at the test animation. If the animation is not working, scroll back up to step 1 and follow the instructions. Step 4 provides instructions on how to enable Flash on your browser.
- Before the training start date, go to Adobe Connect to run a test on your computer at http://admin.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm. This site will scan your computer and provide you with instructions if your computer is missing any necessary free Adobe applications to run the program.
- The Adobe Connect online-learning platform works best when accessed through Internet Explorer. While you can access the training through other browsers (Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome) the Adobe Connect platform may not perform/display optimally within those.
- For best connection quality, access via a hard-wire internet connection as opposed to WIFI.
- Your Username login will be your email address. A password will be emailed to you prior to the start of the training.
- IMPORTANT: If a large number of participants access the presentation at the same time, you may receive a message asking you to try again later as access is not currently open. If you receive that message, please wait a few minutes and then try to access the presentation again.
- You can log in and out of the training at any point during the access period without losing your progress. (This does not apply to live webinar broadcasts).
- Some of the training content may contain audio or links to other web pages with audio. Please have your chosen audio equipment ready before accessing the webcast.
- For technical assistance, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-882-7482.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,