T/TAS Training Events Calendar
- Date: Tuesday, March 23rd, 2021
- Time: 9:00am - 12:00pm
- Location: Online
Mar 23-26, 2021
9:00 AM - 12:00 AM CDT each day
Sessions are live. No recordings will be available.
View Brochure for full details, agenda, and participation and technology information.
To ensure you will be ready to participate in T/TAS online courses or virtual training, review our "Technology Guidelines for T/TAS Online Courses or Virtual Training Events" prior to registering.
Registration deadline is March 16th!
Standard Registration: $650
T/TAS@Your Service Subscribers: $600 - some restrictions apply
1.2 CEUs (12 contact hours) from Western Kentucky University: $25
What is the one thing that ALL Early Head Start staff have in common? You guessed it – CHANGE!!! The pandemic has forced us all to adapt to a new normal. With that in mind, Training & Technical Assistance (T/TAS) at WKU is offering the popular Early Head Start Boot Camp in a Virtual Edition. No travel. No large groups. No anxiety. We prioritize your health and safety without sacrificing substance.
The Early Head Start Virtual Boot Camp will take place March 23-26, 2021 in 3-hour time blocks. This training was developed to assist, support, and provide new and existing Early Head Start programs with the tools needed to implement successful programs. Early Head Start provides early, continuous, intensive, and comprehensive child development and family support services to low-income infants and toddlers and their families, as well as to pregnant women and their families. Programs have many options and initiatives such as Early Head Start-Child Care Partnerships, Early Head Start home-based and/or center-based, Early Head Start Family Child Care and more.
The Early Head Start Virtual Boot Camp is aligned with OHS goals of Early Head Start and will include information such as:
- Safe and developmentally enriching caregiving which promotes the physical, cognitive, social, and emotional development of infants and toddlers, and prepares them for future growth and development;
- Supporting parents, both mothers and fathers, in their role as primary caregivers and teachers of their children, along with, supporting families in meeting personal goals and achieving self-sufficiency across a wide variety of domains;
- Mobilizing communities to provide the resources and environment necessary to ensure a comprehensive, integrated array of services and support for families; and,
- Ensuring the provision of high-quality, responsive services to families through the development of trained and caring staff.
The Early Head Start Virtual Boot Camp will be a fun-filled, interactive, virtual training jump start for you and your program toward providing comprehensive Early Head Start services. The virtual boot camp is designed to benefit Early Head Start and child care partners. The purpose behind the virtual boot camp is to allow managers of programs (both EHS and child care) to become familiar with Early Head Start expectations. It is a time for the EHS/CCP team to work together to determine the best strategies that will fit their program needs and how to put all their plans into action. Management staff, owners, site supervisors, and even teachers will benefit from the information provided throughout the institute.
For event announcements via email, please join the T/TAS news and updates by email service at http://orgs.wku.edu/ttas/email-announcements.php.
Contact: email@example.com or 800-882-7482