T/TAS Staff Directory and Bios
Katrina Abadia, BSN, RN
- Health Specialist
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Specialty Training Fields: HS/EHS Comprehensive Health areas
Katrina Abadia, BSN, RN, Health Specialist, obtained her B.S. in Nursing from Florida International University and worked previously in Ambulatory Care before entering the world of Head Start. As a former Head Start/Early Head Start Health Coordinator in one of the largest school districts in the nation, she is able to understand the intricate challenges faced by programs operating within school systems. Drawing on her experience as a Health Coordinator and her background in nursing, Katrina provides health training that is engaging, fun, and infused with practical, real-world advice and rooted in current, evidence-based practices. Her motto of keeping it simple is transferred to her training. All audience members, regardless of background or experience, can benefit - no MD license required!
Things you may not know about Katrina:
- She is happily married to her best friend Brian, and they are the proud parents of Papi, the most terrific dog in the world.
- An avid exerciser and runner, she hopes to one day complete a half marathon.
- She loves anything old-fashioned, including old books, buildings, places, and people.
- Born and raised in Miami, and of Colombian decent, she speaks perfect Spanglish as long as she has a strong cup of Colombian coffee first thing in the morning.