Location: Florida Hotel and Conference Center, Orlando, FL
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-882-7482
Please read -- The Florida Hotel & Conference Center is booked for the 8th and 9th. There are some hotels available in the area at www.hotels.com.
The Ramada Inn Orlando - Florida Mall, previously a Hampton Inn by Hilton, is the closest hotel to the conference; however, T/TAS has not visited the property, so we cannot recommend this property, only advise it is the closest to our event.
Ramada Inn Orlando - Florida Mall
8601 S Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, Florida 32809
View Brochure for complete details, agenda, and hotel information hotel is full - see info above.
Standard Registration: $395
T/TAS@Your Service Subscribers: $365 - some restrictions apply
1.15 CEUs (11.5 contact hours) from Western Kentucky University: $25
Alert: The Office of Head Start strongly discourages the use of Federal Review instruments as self-assessment tools. As a result, programs will have to develop 1302.102 compliant self-assessment tools to use to assess their program’s progress. This workshop will assist programs in tool development and implementation.
Program managers, Governing Body members and Policy Council members are expected to use ongoing monitoring results, data on school readiness goals, other information described in §1302.102, and information described at section 642(d)(2) of the Head Start Act to conduct their responsibilities.
The development of a programmatic self-assessment is an integral part of Head Start and Early Head Start’s continuous improvement process. Through this snapshot in time, programs report their progress toward meeting goals, areas needing improvement, and program strengths to a variety of stakeholders, including the governing body, policy council, program staff, and federal officials.
Throughout this informational workshop, T/TAS will show participants how to:
- Utilize the latest edition of T/TAS' Self-Assessment CATscan (Community Approach & Tool) and monitoring results to review program operations;
- Set up review teams;
- Organize the self-assessment calendar;
- Obtain results;
- Synthesize data collected;
- Produce a compilation of strengths and weaknesses;
- Generate a useable report for the various stakeholders;
- Create program improvement plan; and
- Monitor the results of the program improvement plan
This two-day workshop is designed for all Head Start and Early Head Start staff, volunteers, and stakeholders who have a role in the self-assessment process. Space will be limited, but the demand will not, so register today!
- To assist program managers in understanding what is required in order to plan an effective self-assessment that meets the requirements of 1302.102 Achieving Program Goals(b)(2)(i);
- To introduce new tool for self-assessment that builds upon results of internal monitoring as well as performance standards;
- To empower staff with results from the self-assessment to discuss and explain strengths and weaknesses within the program; and
- To assist programs in including findings in the updates to the 5 year plans.
For event announcements via email, please join the T/TAS news and updates by email service at http://orgs.wku.edu/ttas/email-announcements.php.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,