Location: The Inn at Opryland, Nashville, TN
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-882-7482
THIS EVENT IS FULL. To be added to a waitlist in case an opening becomes available, use the "Register Online" link below and you will be given an option to be put on the waitlist.
View Brochure for complete details, agenda, and hotel information.
Register Online -- Event is full; you will have an option to be added to a wait-list.
Standard Registration: $405
T/TAS@Your Service Subscribers: $375 - some restrictions apply
1.2 CEUs (12 contact hours) from Western Kentucky University: $25
The Early Head Start Boot Camp was developed to assist, support, and provide new and existing Early Head Start programs with the tools needed to implement successful programs. Early Head Start provides early, continuous, intensive, and comprehensive child development and family support services to low-income infants and toddlers and their families, and pregnant women and their families. Programs have many options and initiatives such as Early Head Start-Child Care Partnerships, Early Head Start home-based and/or center based, Early Head Start Family Child Care and more. The Early Head Start Boot Camp is aligned with OHS goals of Early Head Start and will include information such as:
• Safe and developmentally-enriching caregiving which promotes the physical, cognitive, social and emotional development of infants and toddlers, and prepares them for future growth and development;
• Supporting parents, both mothers and fathers, in their role as primary caregivers and teachers of their children, and supporting families in meeting personal goals and achieving self-sufficiency across a wide variety of domains;
• Mobilizing communities to provide the resources and environment necessary to ensure a comprehensive, integrated array of services and support for families; and
• Ensuring the provision of high-quality, responsive services to families through the development of trained and caring staff.
The Early Head Start Boot Camp will be a fun-filled, interactive, two-days jump start for you and your program towards providing comprehensive Early Head Start services. The boot camp is designed to benefit Early Head Start and child care partners. The purpose behind the boot camp is to allow managers of programs (both EHS and child care) to become familiar with Early Head Start expectations. It is a time for the EHS:CCP team to work together to determine the best strategies that will fit their program needs and how to put all their plans into action. Management staff, owners, site supervisors, and even teachers will benefit from the information provided throughout the institute.
- Participants will examine the history, philosophy and intent of Early Head Start;
- Participants will develop a better understanding of prenatal services in Early Head Start;
- Participants will explore regulatory requirements for the Early Head Start program in critical areas, i.e. child development and education, comprehensive services, etc.; and
- Participants will define strategies that will ensure systems in Early Head Start are established to promote school readiness for all children and families.
For event announcements via email, please join the T/TAS news and updates by email service at http://orgs.wku.edu/ttas/email-announcements.php.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,