Location: SpringHill Suites Marriott, Savannah, GA
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org; 800-882-7482
Standard Registration: $325
T/TAS@Your Service Subscribers: $280 - some restrictions apply
1.05 CEUs (10.5 contact hours) from Western Kentucky University: $25
Professional development for working adults provides learning experiences that strengthen skills, builds abilities, and positively challenges the progress of individuals. These learning experiences, commonly called training, promote individuals and groups to work in organizations smoothly, efficiently, and productively. For those responsible for adult learning situations, the work ultimately seeks to motivate and inspire individuals and teams in the value of life-long learning and the improvement of individual performance and program efficiency.
The goal of The Essential Trainer: Creating Outstanding Adult Learning Experiences for ECE Programs is to:
• Develop emerging professional development staff members working for Head Start programs and the early childhood education community;
• Enhance and energize the skills of individuals who have experience working with adult learners; and
• Create a platform of motivation and inspiration through dynamic learning sessions applicable to teachers, staff, families, and community partners.
The Essential Trainer seminar is designed to be a highly interactive experience that addresses both individual participant needs and global concerns to early childhood program settings. The event will provide participants with tools and strategies relevant to work situations that are experienced by today’s adult learners. We will focus on practical training solutions that can contribute to the effectiveness of organizational needs, with an overall objective to apply these training strategies to a variety of every day and long-term plans and challenges. Using a vast training background, the seminar facilitator will provide a learning environment that is challenging, supportive, and fun. All participants are welcomed to be part of this timely and skill enhancing seminar, regardless of their training work history.
- Participants will understand the role, responsibilities, and skills of a professional development trainer and facilitator;
- Participants will be able to develop training formats that address specific outcomes and identified staff-learning needs;
- Participants will learn to respond to and address the professional development needs of individual learners;
- Participants will enhance their skills in designing training events that reaffirm active learning methodology; and
- Participants will gain insight on the value of evaluation and follow-up as important elements of any training.
For event announcements via email, please join the T/TAS news and updates by email service at http://orgs.wku.edu/ttas/email-announcements.php.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,