Time: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Location: Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, Atlanta GA
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-882-7482
REGISTRATION HAS CLOSED FOR THIS EVENT
The Head Start/EHS Operating Budget is a Pre-Conference Seminar of the Region IV Head Start Association 2018 Leadership Summit. This seminar runs from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and includes the Public Policy Luncheon. NOTE: Pre-registration is required due to luncheon. On-site registration will not be available. Registration deadline is June 1, 2018.
The Improving Head Start for School Readiness Act of 2007 requires the approval of the agency “Operating Budget”. The NEW Head Start Performance Standards requires that a budget be developed to ensure the provision of all the Head Start services. In order to ensure all services are funded appropriately Head Start and/or Early Head Start programs must develop an “Operating Budget. This workshop will provide participants with the structure for developing the “Operating Budget” that is consistent with the budget in the Baseline or Continuation Application. Participants attending this training will be able to align the “Operating Budget” with the goals, objectives and outcomes in the baseline or continuation application.
The current monitoring system includes the term “budget” more than 30 times with emphasizes on the “Operating Budget” and how it aligns with the agency goals, objectives and outcomes. Participants will understand the difference between the budget in the Baseline and Continuation Applications and the “Operating Budget” and how to align it with goals, objectives and outcomes.
- To provide participants with requirements for developing the “Operating Budget” for the Head Start and Early Head Start programs.
- To provide participants with information on how to use budget data in the Head Start and/or Early Head Start Baseline and Continuation Application budget in the developing the “Operating Budget”; and
- To provide participants with the structure to align the “Operating Budget” with the agency Head Start and/or Early Head Start program goals, objectives, and outcomes.
- Participant will know how to develop the budget to fund the activities in the Baseline or Continuation Applications.
- Participants will know the requirements (programmatically and fiscally) associated with the five (5) budget amendments.
- Participants will be able to efficiently and effectively amend their Baseline and Continuation budgets to ensure compliance.
The training is designed for all Fiscal staff, Head Start/Early Head Start Directors, Program Managers, Members of the Governing Body with financial expertise and background and Policy Council and other staff.
Space is limited, register early! Registration deadline June 1, 2018.
For event announcements via email, please join the T/TAS news and updates by email service at http://orgs.wku.edu/ttas/email-announcements.php.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,