T/TAS Training Events Calendar
- Date: Wednesday, December 7th, 2022
- Time: 8:00am - 5:30pm
- Location: The Florida Hotel and Conference Center, Orlando, Florida
Managing Head Start Real Property, Facilities, and Equipment
December 7-8, 2022
9:00 AM – 4:30 PM EDT (NOTE that this is in the Eastern Time Zone!)
The Florida Hotel & Convention Center, Orlando, Florida
View Brochure for details, agenda, and hotel information.
Standard Registration: $525
T/TAS@Your Service Subscribers: $450 - some restrictions apply
1.075 CEUs (10.75 contact hours) from Western Kentucky University: $25
The Head Start Performance Standards and the Uniform Guidance (45 CFR Part 75) include regulations for acquiring and managing facilities and equipment.
- Acquire: The Performance Standards provides requirements for requesting funds for the purposes of major renovations, purchases, and construction of facilities used in the provision of Head Start and Early Head Start services. Additionally, the Uniform Guidance provides regulations for managing equipment acquired in whole or in part with federal funds.
- Managing: The Uniform Guidance provides regulations to manage facilities and equipment, records, maintenance, inventory, and disposition.
Managing Head Start Real Property, Facilities, and Equipment addresses the development of an application for funding to acquire equipment and facilities and the internal control to ensure the facilities and equipment are used solely for the authorized purposes.
Participants will engage in a series of hands on activities designed to ensure the non-Federal entity develops and submits a high-quality application, including a budget that addresses all requirements for equipment purchases and installation, renovations, and construction. Requirements such as Davis-Bacon compliance will be fully addressed and the federal requirements for protection of the federal interest.
This in-depth workshop sells out quickly, so be sure to register early. The Office of Head Start has invested millions of dollars in the areas of equipment and facilities. If you are interested in your organization’s accountability of its facilities and equipment, this training addresses your needs. Once you attend this workshop, you will leave with the tools to do one of the following: Improve your existing facilities and equipment management system, or be able to develop a structured facilities and equipment management system.
- Participants will know the regulations and policies, including protection of the federal interest for facilities and equipment acquired in whole or in part with federal funds;
- Participants will understand the requirements for compliance with the Davis-Bacon Act;
- Participants will know how to develop and submit an application (using the Head Start grant application instructions) for equipment, major renovation, and construction funding;
- Participants will know how to reconcile their equipment inventories to the equipment property records; and
- Participants will know how to dispose of equipment and facilities no longer needed by the organization.
For event announcements via email, please join the T/TAS news and updates by email service at http://orgs.wku.edu/ttas/email-announcements.php.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-882-7482