Location: Florida Hotel & Conf Center; Orlando, FL
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-882-7482
Standard Registration: $395
T/TAS@Your Service Subscribers: $370 - some restrictions apply
1.05 CEUs (10.5 contact hours) from Western Kentucky University: $25
Head Start and Early Head Start grantees and their delegates are required to submit five-year grant applications. The format for five-year grant application is:
- Section I: Program Design and Approach to Service Delivery
- Sub-Section A: Goals
- Sub-Section B: Service Delivery
- Sub-Section C: Governance, Organizational, and Management Structures
- Section II: Budget and Budget Justification Narrative
Within each section, grantees and their delegate agencies will be required to address the applicable elements for the type of application. The generation of the grant application is possible only after the above elements have been planned and approved locally. Version 3 of the application is closely aligned with the current Head Start Performance Standards, which allows for local flexibility in the program’s approach; special instructions for supporting documentation and community assessment; integrating information for School Readiness goals and Parent, Family and Community Engagement; special instructions for budget periods of less than 6 months; and others.
This training will provide participants with guidance and direction on the how to comply with the instructions and their alignment with the current Head Start Performance Standards, including best practices for completing each element of the Baseline and Continuation applications.
3 reasons why you should participate in this training!
- If you are getting ready to prepare your new five-year grant application, you will need to know how to develop your application;
- If you are submitting a continuation application, you will need to know how to identify achievements and shortcomings based upon previous year’s services; and
- If you want to ensure your application aligns with the current Head Start Performance Standards and expectations of monitoring, you will need to understand how to connect all the systems.
Registration is limited – Register early!
- Participants will know the changes to the instructions for the baseline and continuation applications;
- Participants will know how to use data from the community assessment and findings from the self-assessment to address the requirements in the Program Design and Approach to Service Delivery section of the application;
- Participants will know how to address each element in Section II: Budget and Budget Justification Narrative section of the Baseline and Continuation Applications;
- Participants will know how to align data in the Baseline and Continuation Applications to the Annual Report to the Public;
- Participants will know how to fund the shared Personnel and Non-Personnel Costs with the data from the Cost Allocation Plan; and
- Participants will know how the Baseline and Continuation applications align with OHS’ monitoring system.
For event announcements via email, please join the T/TAS news and updates by email service at http://orgs.wku.edu/ttas/email-announcements.php.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,