Technology Guidelines for T/TAS Online Courses or Virtual Training Events
General Information for Participating
- We highly recommend participating from a desktop or laptop computer, as opposed to a mobile device, for the best participant and audiovisual experience.
- A high speed internet connection is recommended as the training may be bandwidth intensive at times.
- Participants must register individually and must have a valid and active individual e-mail address to participate. Groups of individuals cannot participate using a single e-mail address.
- Participants will be sent an email before the start date which will provide course or event login instructions.
- Participants may experience delays in accessing the training based upon the speed and reliability of their computer or mobile device and internet access.
- Participants are responsible for completion of the event within the stated timeframe.
- For technical assistance, email email@example.com or call 800-882-7482.
T/TAS Adobe Captivate Prime Learning Management System
- If the training course or event uses the T/TAS Adobe Captivate Prime LMS, each participant will be emailed a link to login to Captivate Prime.
- To login to Captivate Prime, you must use an Adobe ID. (If you already have an Adobe ID connected to your registered email address, you can use your current Adobe ID). If this is your first time using an AdobeID, you will be required to use your email address to create an Adobe ID and you will need to create your own unique password. You will also need to enter your date of birth to create your AdobeID (date of birth is never stored and is only required by Adobe to verify you meet their minimum age requirement).
- Your T/TAS Captivate Prime account is a free service provided as part of the online course or virtual event, and you can use the same account for future T/TAS events.
- After you sign in to Captivate Prime, you will be able to access your learner dashboard which will provide the training course or event content, activities, and resources.
- If you will be accessing the training on a desktop or laptop computer, you will not need to download any Captivate Prime add-ons.
- If you will be accessing the training on a mobile device, you will need to install the free Captivate Prime mobile app to participate.
WKU Zoom Video Conferencing Sessions
- If the training course or event uses Zoom Video Conferencing, participants will need to access the Zoom website or app. A Zoom URL address or ID number will be provided.
- We recommend participants create a free Zoom account with their FIRST and LAST name before the virtual Zoom session start date at https://zoom.us/freesignup/. You may be asked to install the free Zoom program file.
- From a desktop or laptop computer, you can use the Zoom session link (URL) to join the session and you will be asked to run/open Zoom from your computer.
- From a mobile device, you will need to install the free Zoom Cloud Meetings app to join the session by using the URL address or the Zoom ID number.