T/TAS Staff Directory and Bios
- Early Childhood Education Specialist
- Specialty Training Fields: Bi-lingual Education; Literacy; Outcomes; Collaboration and Partnerships; Early Childhood Education; Adult Learning
Luis A. Hernandez, T/TAS Early Childhood Education Specialist, holds an M.A. in Bilingual/Multicultural education from the University of San Francisco. Luis brings solid expertise based on his work history in Head Start, child care, Pre K programs, college and universities, child care resource and referral administration, and professional development design.
At T/TAS at WKU, his work focuses in a wide range of early childhood education and professional development topics. His expertise includes early literacy, dual language learning, adult learning practices, family engagement, changing demographics and diversity, and ECE management and leadership topics. As a regular presenter and keynote speaker at national, state, and local conferences, Luis is highly regarded for his motivational and energizing presentations.
In addition, Luis published his first Redleaf book, “Learning from Bumps on the Road,” focused on leadership topics in early childhood education. The book is a compilation of presentations and conversations with three fantastic leaders in the field.
Mr. Hernandez is active in a number of organizations that support children and family interests. . At the National Association for the Education for Young Children (NAEYC), he has been active in developing professional and leadership development opportunities. He currently serves on the Advisory Board of the McCormick Tribune Center for Early Childhood Leadership and the United Way's Center for Excellence in Early Childhood. He has served on the Boards of Parents As Teachers, the Florida Children’s Forum, the Child Care Workforce, National Association of Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies (NACCRRA), Parent Services Project (PSP) in California, and the National Latino Children’s Institute. He also serves in advancing the goals of the World Forum on Early Care and Education. Lastly, Luis is proud to serve as Trustee on the Board of Hampshire College in Amherst Massachusetts, his undergraduate alma mater.
Keynotes. For large audiences on topics tailored to agency requests. These may include areas of inspiration, motivation, and team dynamics.
Management Retreats. Designed for work teams to refresh, refocus, and renew. See T/TAS Program Retreat Planning Services.
New America. Presentations on changing community demographics, dual language learners, and family outreach.
Meaningful Family Engagement. Seminars in building authentic relationships with families, individually and collectively.
Effective and Proactive ECE Teaching Practices. Targeted seminars that are embedded in current research, best practices, and practical classroom implementation.
Power of Individuals and Teams. Seminars that focus on the nature and styles of adult learners, management strategies, confidence building, and joyful work environments.
Your Identified Needs. Seminars and workshops can be designed to meet specific staff and organizational needs; content and presentation dynamics can be delivered to a variety of audiences in early childhood education (Head Start, Pre-K, child care, and family home care providers); sessions can also be conducted in Spanish; presentations and seminars can be scheduled for short time segments, half days, full day events, or two day seminars (including Saturdays) at your site or nearby locations.
- We Are Family! Parents & Families are Key for Program Success
- The Meaningfulness in Family Engagement: The Why, What, How in Effective Practices
- Mama with Her Pajamas! Checking Attitudes at the Door
- Young Learners in America: New Language, Culture, Friends
- Land of Opportunity: First Steps in Effective Relationships with Immigrant Families
- The Leader Within: Five Ways to Rediscover the Potential in Me
- Fake It 'til You Become It! Creating a Presence of Professional Confidence
- The Power of D.A.P. - Making Best Practices the Core of Development and Learning
- The Learning Adult: Facilitation Skills for Working Teams
- Strength in Respect: The Power of DAP Core Considerations
- Risky Business! Fearlessness is the Engine of Intentionality
- The Power Within: Steps in Becoming an ECE Superhero
Plus many more!