Location: Gaylord Opryland Hotel and Convention Center, Nashville, TN
Contact: email@example.com, 800-882-7482
- By 10/31/18 - Early Bird Registration: $385
- By 10/31/18 - T/TAS@Your Service Subscribers Early Bird Registration: $340 - some restrictions apply
- After 10/31/18 - Standard Registration: $450
- After 10/31/18 - T/TAS@Your Service Subscribers Standard Registration: $395 - some restrictions apply
1.025 CEUs (10.25 contact hours) from Western Kentucky University: $25
The legacy of Head Start programs is evident in communities across the country. The evidence is based on the success and advantages of millions of American children and families in schools, work places, and homes. The Head Start Advantage: Affirming the Positive Results of our Work with Children & Families conference will uniquely deliver a combination of targeted work sessions, delivery of practical strategies, and lively interactive activities. The ultimate goal is for participants to be empowered and re-affirmed in their work with children and families.
Professionals who work closely with children, families, and staff can expect a learning experience designed to meet the many demands in today’s work environment. The conference will combine brief lectures, and individual, small and large group work geared to address a variety of adult learning styles. The core of the conference affirms the importance of high quality programming and practices for Head Start and Early Head Start as a means to enhance developmental milestones and school learning success. The Head Start Advantage conference will help participants once again realize and re-energize their knowledge and leadership skills in a comprehensive approach.
Participants at the Head Start Advantage conference can expect a structured and intensive learning experience. Participants will have the opportunity to select sessions most appropriate for their professional development needs. Each session is designed so that participants can gain new insights, knowledge, and skills in their respective expertise. The primary focus for all the sessions will center on:
- The Positive Experience of Head Start in the Young Years: The Advantages for Infants, Toddlers, and Preschool Age Children
- The Success of Families: The Advantages of Meaningful Engagement, Comprehensive Services, and Authentic Relationships
- The Powerful Leadership of Staff: The Forward Advantage of Professionals Striving for Program Excellence
Each Head Start Advantage session will cover topics and issues directly related to current Head Start Performance Standards and mandates. Topics will include EHS-CC Partnerships, curriculum, assessment, coaching and mentoring, ERSEA, family engagement, school readiness, and leadership development. In addition, there will be discussions on “hot topics” like research application, data application, motivation techniques, effective team-building, and building meaningful relationships. The final agenda will reflect the latest issues impacting Head Start programs.
The Head Start Advantage organizers and presenters will provide the most current and up-to-date guidance on the latest policy implications to their programs. This will include discussion of applicable regulations, guidelines, and best practices. The conference aims to explore multiple areas of program operations and governance to assist programs and participants in getting positive results for children and families.
In addition to the content areas, participants can expect acknowledgements of individuals for their work and contributions to the Head Start community. Conference organizers have planned a networking luncheon for participants to receive a warm welcome and recognition for attending the conference, along with other fun opportunities to celebrate those who work in creating the Head Start Advantage!
Participants of The Head Start Advantage will be able to:
- Refresh the passion that early childhood education best practices guarantees for children and families.
- Reaffirm professional standards and regulations that enhance the developmental and learning successes of infants and toddlers, preschoolers and their families.
- Reestablish and expand leadership skills to inspire and motivate organizational teams.
- Reconnect and support the spirit and intentions embedded in the Head Start Program Performance Standards.
- Recharge the professional commitment in our work with family outcomes, school readiness, fatherhood, parent advocacy, and family engagement.
For event announcements via email, please join the T/TAS news and updates by email service at http://orgs.wku.edu/ttas/email-announcements.php.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,