T/TAS Training Events Calendar
November 17-18, 2020 -- MRI: Management Review Instrument for Head Start/Early Head Start Program Evaluation/Self-Assessment
- Date: Tuesday, November 17th, 2020
- Time: All Day
- Location: The Inn at Opryland; Nashville, TN
View Brochure for details, agenda, and hotel information.
Standard Registration: $410
T/TAS@Your Service Subscribers: $385 - some restrictions apply
1.05 CEUs (10.5 contact hours) from Western Kentucky University: $25
Alert: The Office of Head Start strongly discourages the use of federal review instruments as self-assessment tools. As a result, programs will have to develop or purchase compliant self-assessment tools to use to assess their program’s progress. This workshop and supporting instrument will focus upon the higher order issues that programs are to confront as part of program evaluation; namely, how well the services are preparing children and families for school; and how well the program is meeting the goals they have set and the Board and Policy Council have approved.
The locus of accountability has shifted for programs from the Federal Offices to the local governing bodies. Organizations need to be able to document and discuss how the self-assessment (program evaluation) process provides the governing bodies with actionable information. As a result, the development of a programmatic self-assessment is an integral part of Head Start and Early Head Start’s continuous improvement process. Through this program-evaluation technique, programs report their progress toward meeting goals, areas needing improvement, and program strengths to a variety of stakeholders, including the governing body, policy council, program staff, and federal officials. This insightful workshop will utilize a new instrument, MRI (Management Review Instrument), in order to assist the stakeholders in determining program effectiveness. T/TAS still offers its nationally renowned Self-Assessment CATscan tool for programs who need an evaluation tool covering all items in the regulations. This event will utilize the new MRI tool that focuses less on the minutia of the standards and more to the goals that agencies have created for themselves.
While most organizations are capable of developing and implementing a procedure and obtaining results, quite a few have difficultly filtering the results in a meaningful way, analyzing the data collected, and presenting an improvement plan that both expands upon the strengths while working to correct the weaknesses.
This informational workshop will show participants how to:
- Explain to stakeholders how program evaluation/self-assessment is expected to function within programs.
- Identify items that need to be addressed in the self-assessment.
- Utilize the MRI for program evaluation purposes.
- Synthesize data collected.
- Produce a compilation of results based upon the individual program’s own aims.
- Generate a useable report for the various stakeholders.
- Create a program improvement plan.
In addition, time will be included to explain how to:
- Set up review teams.
- Organize the self-assessment calendar.
- Obtain results.
- Monitor the results of the program improvement plan.
This workshop will benefit all Head Start and Early Head Start staff, volunteers, and stakeholders who have a role in the self-assessment process. Space will be limited, but the demand will not, so register today!
- Participants will learn what is required in a self-assessment by focusing upon evaluation of goals, measurable objectives, and organizational responses impacting the local community based upon each agency’s stated goals;
- Participants will receive a compliant self-assessment tool that is designed to assist managers, policy council, and board members in evaluating how well the program is providing management, ongoing monitoring, and continuous improvement for achieving program goals, ensuring child safety, and ensuring the delivery of effective, high-quality school readiness services;
- Participants will receive an overview of the hot-topic items in each service area; and
Participants will practice analysis and conclusion generation on self-assessment issues.
For event announcements via email, please join the T/TAS news and updates by email service at http://orgs.wku.edu/ttas/email-announcements.php
Contact: email@example.com; 800-882-7482