Completing the Financial Reports, Including Federal Financial Reports
SF-425’s (Cash and Outlay/Expenditure) and Real Property Status Report
(SF-429’s SF-429A; SF-429B and SF-429C)
This session is a Pre-Conference Seminar of the Region IV Head Start Association 2022 Leadership Summit. For full RIVHSA Leadership Summit information/registration, visit https://rivhsa.org/training-events/leadership-summit/
Session Includes Public Policy Luncheon – NOTE: Pre-registration is required due to luncheon. Onsite registration will not be available. Space is limited, register by May 27!
June 7, 2022
9:00 AM – 3:30 PM EDT (NOTE that this is in the Eastern Time Zone!)
Omni Atlanta Hotel, Atlanta, GA
Register Online - Unless the event fills first, registrations for this event must be received by May 27, 2022. T/TAS is not taking registration by mail, fax, or email.
Standard Registration: $350
T/TAS@Your Service Subscribers: $320 - some restrictions apply
Download a PDF version of the Completing the Financial Reports SF-425s and -429s Brochure HERE
The training is designed for all fiscal staff, including Fiscal Officer or equivalent; Director (Executive, Head Start and Early Head), staff responsible for managing facilities and equipment, other staff, governing body and Policy Council.
Non-Federal entities (formerly known as Grantees) that receive a Head Start and/or Early Head Start award for a five-year period of performance are required to periodically submit a series of Federal Fiscal Reports. Recently, the Department of Health and Human Services made changes to the Quarterly SF-425 (Cash) reporting. We will address the affect the changes have on recipients. Additionally, the Uniform Guidance (45 CFR Part 75.302(b)(2)) requires non-federal entities to disclose the financial results of each Federal award or program to the funding sources that are accurate, current, and complete (ACC).
The following reports are required to effectively and efficiently manage the Head Start program:
- Federal Financial Report SF-425 (Cash)
- Federal Financial Report SF-425 (Outlay/Expenditure)
- Real Property Status Report SF-429; SF-429A; SF-429B & SF-429C
This workshop will provide guidance on how to ensure the reports pass the ACC test.
- Participants will be provided the federal requirements for completing the financial reports;
- Participants will be provided strategies on the use of the accounting system data and records to complete the financial reports;
- Participants will be provided strategies on how to reconcile the internal reports to the federal reports; and
- Participants will be provided strategies for completing internal reports necessary for management accountability and oversight by the governing body and policy council/committee.
- Participant will know the regulations and policies applicable to the federal reports;
- Participants will know what accounting systems data and account records to use to complete each of the three federal reports;
- Participants will be able to use data from its monthly financial reports to reconcile to the federal reports; and
- Participants will know how to structure their monthly financial reports to align with the operating budget.
For event announcements via email, please join the T/TAS news and updates by email service at http://orgs.wku.edu/ttas/email-announcements.php.