T/TAS Training Events Calendar
- Date: Tuesday, November 30th, 2021
- Time: All Day
- Location: Self-Paced Virtual Training
November 30, 2021 - January 31, 2022
Self-Paced Virtual Training available 24/7
View Brochure for full details, agenda, and participation and technology information.
To ensure you will be ready to participate in T/TAS online courses or virtual training, review our "Technology Guidelines for T/TAS Online Courses or Virtual Training Events" prior to registering.
Registration deadline is November 15th!
Standard Registration: $375
T/TAS@Your Service Subscribers: $310 - some restrictions apply
1.5 CEUs (15.0 contact hours) from Western Kentucky University: $25
Come join T/TAS and your EHS colleagues for an online training experience designed to address your interests and encourage reflection and networking. All materials and activities will be available 24/7 from November 30, 2021 to January 31, 2022.
This 15-hour Early Head Start online training offers teachers, home visitors, and supervisors the opportunity to enhance their child development understanding and to gain new ideas. Content is also appropriate for infant and toddler staff working for programs other than EHS.
- Understanding Pre-Natal Development;
- Infant-Toddler Development;
- Managing Behaviors in the Infant-Toddler Classroom;
- Health, Safety, and Nutrition; and
- Relationships with Families.
This training is online and all instructions and materials will be available via your online access. Training techniques will include the review of meaningful resources including articles, videos, audio clips, web sites, and PowerPoint presentations. Interactive exchanges in the online discussion room will enrich the learning and encourage networking. Practical training assignments will allow each participant to practice skills.
Learning Outcomes by Topics
- Understanding Pre-Natal Development: Participants will recognize the importance of health and well-being of the expectant family on pre-natal development.
- Infant-Toddler Development: Participants will examine the overall development of infants and toddlers, review developmental milestones, and examine developmentally appropriate practices.
- Managing Behaviors in the Infant-Toddler Classroom: Participants will explore the behaviors of infants and toddler and examine strategies for working appropriately with children and families.
- Health, Safety, and Nutrition: Participants will identify best practices to be used in Early Head Start classrooms in the areas of health, safety, and nutrition.
- Relationships with Families: Participants will investigate strategies for enhancing relationships with families, including expectant families and families with children aged birth to three years.
Meet the Staff Development Requirements of the Head Start Act
Participants must finish all training activities by training-end date to receive verification from T/TAS of their 15 clock hours of training. Section 648A of the Improving Head Start for School Readiness Act addresses Staff Qualifications and Development and requires that every Early Head Start teacher attend no fewer than 15 hours of professional development per year. The Act states that such professional development should be “…high quality, sustained, intensive, and classroom-focused in order to have a positive and lasting impact on classroom instruction and the teacher’s performance in the classroom.”
Meet CDA Renewal Requirements
Earn 1.5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) to help keep your CDA current. Participants must finish all training activities by training-end date and file required paperwork to receive CEU credit.
The Renew Your Understanding training meets the following subject areas and hours:
- 3 Hours of CDA Subject Area 1 - Planning a safe and healthy learning environment;
- 3 Hours of CDA Subject Area 2 - Advancing children's physical and intellectual development;
- 3 Hours of CDA Subject Area 3 - Supporting children's social and emotional development;
- 3 Hours of CDA Subject Area 4 - Building productive relationships with families; and
- 3 Hours of CDA Subject Area 8 - Understanding principles of child development and learning.
For event announcements via email, please join the T/TAS news and updates by email service at http://orgs.wku.edu/ttas/email-announcements.php.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-882-7482