T/TAS Training Events Calendar
- Date: Wednesday, May 3rd, 2023
- Time: 10:00am
- Location: Online virtual event
May 3-4, 2023
Live Zoom Sessions:
- Wed. May 3: 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM CST (1 hour break)
- Thurs. May 4: 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM CST
Sessions are live. No recordings will be available.
View Brochure for full details, agenda, and participation and technology information.
To ensure you will be ready to participate in T/TAS online courses or virtual training, review our "Technology Guidelines for T/TAS Online Courses or Virtual Training Events" prior to registering.
Standard Registration: $550
T/TAS@Your Service Subscribers: $515
0.65 CEUs (6.5 contact hours) from Western Kentucky University: $25
Registration deadline is April 20th.
Partners in Practice: Comprehensive Health for Family Services Professionals is an information-packed virtual, yet interactive one and a half-day training intensive. It will provide Family Services staff and program managers with the basic knowledge of medical, oral health, and nutritional health necessary to effectively support the comprehensive health services mandated for Head Start/Early Head Start children, American Indian/Alaska Native, and Migrant and Seasonal Head Start children. Participants will also explore their role in promoting family wellness, as well as how they can support families in participating in ongoing care. This training will also address the current health care system, documentation and record keeping, health resources, and go-to strategies for working with children, families, and colleagues.
Because many healthcare services such as Medicaid and EPSDT are state-specific, the ways to access individualized mandates will be addressed.
- Participants will better understand the requirements of Head Start Performance Standards, as well as federal mandates and state regulations, in promoting comprehensive health and nutrition services for children and families.
- Participants will walk away with an increased comfort level regarding their role as well as limitations in facilitating enhanced health and wellness for children and families.
- Participants will recognize their importance in their agency’s integrated team approach for delivering high quality, sustainable, comprehensive health, and nutrition services.
- Participants will identify required services and best practice concepts and explore strategies to address challenges and barriers affecting services delivery.
- Participants will be able to explain the essential role of comprehensive health and nutrition service delivery in positively impacting child outcomes and school readiness goals for enrolled children and their families.
For event announcements via email, please join the T/TAS news and updates by email service at http://orgs.wku.edu/ttas/email-announcements.php.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-882-7482
Some of the links on this page may require additional software to view.